To protect your privacy, we have adopted the following principles that describe how we approach privacy and user information across all of our products:
1. Information collected upon registration: Most of the personal identifying information we collect – such as your name, username, password, mobile number and email address -is what you tell us about yourself upon creation or reconfiguration of your VirtueNet account. Due to the nature of our service, this information is required to authenticate correct contact details. As part of the VirtueNet service, we collect certain information about the children you wish to add as a core part of the service that monitors traffic and provides comprehensive reporting within the dashboard.
We do not share your personal information with third parties. Nevertheless, in the context of a sale or transfer of all or part of our assets to a third party, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
2. Location information: Provided that you have agreed to VirtueNet doing so as part of the installation and registration process, VirtueNet captures location information from the mobile device.
3. Other mobile information: Most of the other information we collect regarding your device, such as the device and hardware IDs, device type, the request type, the carrier, the content of your request and basic usage stats, relates directly to the service functionality.
4. Children’s privacy: We do not communicate with nor sell products or services to children. Children under the age of 13 may not submit personal information to VirtueNet without the consent of their parents. As mentioned, we do not share your or your child’s personal information with any third party.
5. Log data: Our servers automatically record information (“log data”) created by your use of the VirtueNet services. Log data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited, and search terms.
6. Internal information: We use and store the personal information we collect internally to:
7. Non-private or non-personal information: We may share or disclose your and your child’s non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as handset models or broad aggregate demographic data and related usage information. This aggregate information does not contain any personal information that can identify an individual user.
9. Cookies: Some of our site’s pages use “cookie” technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve our services, but we do not require cookies for many parts of our services such as searching and support. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer’s hard disk. We require a cookie for you to log into the dashboard – this increases security and provides a time-out on your account. VirtueNet may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
11. Links to other sites: Our website may contain links to other sites. Other sites may also reference or link to our website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites.
12. Security: We take the security and confidentiality of all personal information very seriously and we have implemented extensive security policies, rules and technical measures to protect and safeguard the personal information under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We are committed to protecting your privacy. Nevertheless, VirtueNet is not liable for any damages resulting from any security breaches, or unauthorised and/or fraudulent use of your user identification information. We limit the information that our employees have access to and they are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information. VirtueNet uses secure servers provided by a third party to transmit and fulfill all online credit card transactions in an encrypted format.
Introduction: VirtueNet has extended the capabilities of smartphones and tablets to become personal security devices with the ability to trigger a silent alarm and locate a user in an emergency.
Key to the VirtueNet service is an easy-to-use web dashboard that allows customers to manage all the devices they have installed VirtueNet software on, including their children’s or schools’ devices.
Responsibility: You are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your password and all activities and charges on your account. You agree to use the software only as authorised in the conditions prescribed in this agreement. You are entitled to cancel any paid-for service as per our cancellation policy.
Trademark: VirtueNet, You Connect. We Protect, MobileProtect, WebControl, WebProtect, and HomeProtect, VirtueNet are all registered trademarks of VirtueNet Technologies. VirtueNet will enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Links: Although this service provides references to third parties, often together with links to those third parties, unless expressly stated to the contrary, such display in no way means, implies, suggests or constitutes any relationship or approval of or by those third parties or their products or services. We are not responsible in any way for any other websites, products, services or information. Moreover, any representations or promises made by such websites do not apply to this service or its use.
Disclaimer of warranties; limitation of liability: The information contained on our service is provided to our users and readers for informational purposes only. You understand that there may be delays, omissions, interruptions, inaccuracies, and/or other problems with the information and products related to this service, including information, goods and services referred to, advertised or promoted on or sold through the website. This service and all features available through this website are provided by us on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Neither VirtueNet, its affiliates nor any of their respective employees, agents, third party content providers or licensors warrant that this service will be uninterrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of this service, or as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of content or any information, service, or merchandise provided through this service. Before purchasing services you have read about on this website, you should confirm with VirtueNet or the applicable vendor any information (including the price) that is important to your purchasing decision. VirtueNet is not responsible for, and does not guarantee the performance of, any services, nor the accuracy or validity of the information provided and expressly disclaim any and all liability relating to the services discussed or illustrated on this website or any related publication.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, NEITHER VIRTUENET, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ITS LICENSORS OR PROVIDERS SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER DEFECTS IN THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THIS WEBSITE. VIRTUENET AND ITS AFFILIATES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATIONS WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL VIRTUENET, ITS AFFILIATES OR ITS LICENSORS OR PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO OR THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS OR DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION FOR CONTRACT OR TORT, EVEN IF VIRTUENET HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree that the entire liability of VirtueNet, its affiliates, agents and licensors, if any, arising out of any kind of legal claim arising out of or otherwise related to this service will not exceed the amount you paid, if any, for the use of this purchased from VirtueNet out of which such liability allegedly arises. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, some of these limitations may not apply to you.
wheSubmission of ideas: You may have the opportunity to submit information, concepts, inventions, techniques, know-how, data or ideas (collectively, “ideas”) to us via this website or by other communication to us through email of other means of electronic communication facilitated by the service. VirtueNet would love to receive feedback or ideas to improve and better the service. By submitting such ideas, you agree that VirtueNet shall be free to use, copy, publish, distribute or display the ideas in a manner it deems appropriate without any obligation to you whatsoever. You hereby waive any claim that VirtueNet misappropriated any such ideas in or any portions of your communication in any activities in which VirtueNet may engage in the future.
Term and cancellation: This agreement, including any amendments thereto, is effective on the date you download and register the software and continues in effect for the duration of your permitted use of the software. Immediately prior to the expiration of your initial subscription term, this agreement will automatically renew for a term equal to your initial term. Typically this will be for either a calendar month or a calendar year. Any paid service will automatically renew and you will be charged for the applicable subscription term.
Either you or VirtueNet may terminate this agreement at any time. In the case of a pre-paid service, the agreement will continue for the duration of your subscription term. You agree to remove and destroy any software upon termination of this agreement.
Miscellaneous: You shall use this service for lawful purposes only. Any conduct by you that in our judgment and discretion restricts, inhibits any other person from using our service or endangering the privacy of other users or minors will not be permitted. You agree that all notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
VirtueNet’s Cancellation Policy
VirtueNet gives customers a 7-day free trial of its paid-for services so you have a no-risk way of trying out the application to make sure it meets your requirements. At the end of 7 days (we’ll send you a reminder in advance) you can either subscribe to the service or discontinue use of the free trial service.
In the unlikely event that you subscribe to VirtueNet and things don’t work out for you, you can simply cancel the subscription via your VirtueNet dashboard. Your subscription will end once the next billing period finishes.
This only applies to products purchased directly from us, and not via our affiliates.This applies to cancelling a subscription on a single device. If you choose to cancel your entire account, this will take immediate effect.
If things aren’t working out for you, please let us know so that we can try to resolve any issues with your specific VirtueNet service. We love feedback, so please contact us via email at email@example.com